FRIDAY 26 APRIL UPDATE: APOLOGIES for lack of contact from me for last 9 days, and particularly for my no-show for Monday evening's gong bath. I was arrested last Wednesday morning for taking part in a peaceful direct action as part of Extinction Rebellion, then unexpectedly refused bail and remanded to prison. In prison I was not able to contact anyone until yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon I was granted bail and released last night. It's good to be home! I will be running the two gong baths this coming Sunday as planned, plus Monday evening's chanting session. Hope you can come! I am so sorry to anyone who turned up to Monday's gong bath, so sorry I let you down, and will be in touch. Love Cathy x
Candle-lit gong bath at the beautiful Narthex in Balham: a positive, energising and restorative start to the week!
The sounds of the gongs, Himalayan singing bowls & crystal singing bowls are powerful tools for calming, energising, releasing blockages and reducing feelings of anxiety and anger. After a gong bath many people feel a sense of calm and peace, they feel more connected to the world and to others, and also a sense of release and easing of tensions both physical and mental. Attendees have also reported feeling more focused and better able to face up to issues and challenges.
This session will focus on the sounds of the large gongs, particularly the newest addition to the collection, the deep and wonderful 42" Earth Gong. All you have to do is lie back, relax and enjoy the healing sounds of the Earth Gong along with the magnificent 38” bronze Paiste tam-tam and the 32" Meinl Mercury Planetary gong. The session will finish with a relaxing sound journey using Burmese spinning gongs, quartz crystal bowl, koshi chimes and other therapeutic percussion.
Open to all.
To book your space: text or email me (click on Contact tab, above)
· Please arrive promptly at 8pm to settle in; no entry after 8.10pm
· Gong bath starts at 8.15pm
· Finishes at 9.15pm; with plenty of time afterwards to “come back”, integrate the vibrations you’ve experienced, and reflect in stillness
· Venue: The Narthex, St Mary & St John The Divine Church, Balham High Road, SW12 9BS.
· 1 minute walk from Balham station
· Please bring your own mat, cushion and blanket as they are NOT provided at this session
· Some seating available for those who prefer to sit rather than lie down
£15 cash on the door.